Saturday, August 7, 2010

SO......this will be my attempt at "blogging."  Nor sure what to blog about...randomness, I suppose.  I'm not sure who will be reading my posts...or if anyone will...so I guess I can be as absurd and ridiculous as strikes me!     FIRST TOPIC : furniture  (of which I seem to have an overabundance...not that I'm complaining, mind you).
We have a four bedroom home that used to house a wife and husband, 2 daughters, one miniature poodle and a long-haired daschound (no idea if that's really how it's spelled) named Beamer.  Our two daughters are now grown and have their own places, so it's just me, Bill, and our constantly yapping peros (that's Spanish for dogs, right?).  After our girls moved out, their rooms seemed so bare...my thought - we must refill them with furniture, that way when they come home to stay they'll be comfortable.  (Plus the fact that their empty rooms made me sad ;o(.)  Most all of our furniture, with the exception of one bedroom suite and a sofa and recliner, have been "hand-me-downed" or bought used off of Craiglist (of which I am a complete addict!).   Sometimes I think we may have over-done it.  When I see photos in magazines of pristine, minimalist, Amish-style rooms, mine begin to feel cramped...stuffy...eclectic (not in a quirky way, either).  But, then....it's comfortable, homey, and I never have to worry too much about keeping things in perfect order ...where's the LIFE in that?  So...I will continue to enjoy my eco-friendly, recycled home....and continue to scout out bargains and gems on Craigslist (did I mention I'm an addict?). 

No comments:

Post a Comment